And then I made a skirt!
It's been really satisfying making clothing that I actually like wearing. I've tried a skirt once or twice in the past, to depressing results. This time I made sure to really think about fabric and pattern choice, and I couldn't be happier with the finished product.
The pattern is the Meringue Skirt from the Colette Sewing Handbook. The fabric is a sheet thrifted on my trip to Seattle a few weeks ago. It took me two days and many episodes of Murder She Wrote (love that Netflix streaming, and Angela Lansbury!)
I installed my first invisible zipper, which is a little crinkly, but functional. The hem I'm pretty pleased with:
Overall, the pattern and instructions were clear and easy to work with. I love my finished skirt!
I'm definitely going to make more skirts with this pattern; I think next time I will add a pocket. In the meantime, I've cut fabric for skirt number two, this time from the BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook. I love collecting sewing books, and I'm glad to finally be getting some use out of them!